Food court blaze causes NorthPark evacuation

If you’re planning to eat at NorthPark’s Panda restaurant, you might want to wait a couple of days: the DMN reports that the mall was closed for more than an hour Monday after a grease fire in the Panda food court location overcame employees, traveled through a Vent-a-Hood and into the mall’s attic, and broke through the roof.

The first was discovered around 10:30 a.m., and after a quick evacuation and after firemen poked a hole in the roof over Panda, shoppers once again were invited back to resume spending money about 11:30 a.m.


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.
Written By
More from Rick Wamre

Neighbors and allies

overall crime in Dallas fell last year by about 4 percent
Read More