It’s no secret our neighborhood is home to some of the country’s most high-profile businessmen and entrepreneurs.
So how do they stack up against the world’s wealthiest?
Nine of the globe’s 1,810 billionaires live in Preston Hollow, based on Forbes 2016 World’s Billionaires. Our wealthiest neighbor is bank mogul Andrew Beal, who purchased the $100-million, 25-acre Tom Hicks estate this past year. But he only is ranked 115th internationally and 47th nationally, with a net worth of $9.4 billion. Beal also is not Dallas-Fort Worth’s most affluent resident. That honor goes to Alice Walton, daughter of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.
Here’s who else made the list:
- Ranked 248th, Ray Lee Hunt is worth $5.4 billion, thanks to his family’s oil dynasty and his real estate ventures.
- Ranked 258th, oil tycoon and philanthropist Trevor Rees-Jones’ net worth is $5.2 billion. Rees-Jones was ranked 381st in 2015.
- Ranked 403rd, H. Ross Perot Sr.’s net worth is $3.8 billion.
- Ranked 527th, Mark Cuban’s net worth is $3.2 billion. The 58-year-old Mavericks owner was ranked 204th out of Forbes’ 400 richest Americans.
- Ranked 1,067th, Ray Davis is worth $1.7 billion. The co-founder of Energy Transfer Partners has kept a low profile over the years.
- Also ranked 1,067th is Kelcy Warren, who has made headlines for spearheading the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Ranked 1,198th, Ross Perot Jr.’s net worth is $1.5 billion.
- Ranked 1,367th, Excel Communications founder Kenny Troutt’s net worth is $1.3 billion.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.