- The Dallas Ballet Center will present its annual spring production, “Sleeping Beauty,” at 6 p.m. at the SMU McFarlin Auditorium. Admission is free.
- The North Texas Fibromyalgia Support Group will host a free Health Fair 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Walnut Hill Recreation Center where vendors will offer professional tips on how to ease Fibromyalgia symptoms and find safe alternatives to mainstream medicine.
- Matt McCallister, executive chef of Stephan Pyles restaurant, will host a cooking demonstration 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at St. Thomas Church. He’ll discuss the farm-to-table concept, using local, organic ingredients. Admission is $50. Can’t make it? We’ll have a video report here on Back Talk.
- The Dallas Public Library will celebrate the second anniversary of the Bookmarks program 1-3 p.m. at NorthPark Center. It features lots of children’s entertainment, including the Falcon Flyers Jump Rope Team, a Beauty and the Beast costume contest, a marionette show and a performance by David Chicken — part Elvis, part superhero. It’s free, and it all happens in the mall’s NorthCourt between Nordstrom and Macy’s.
- Mom and Dad can have the night to themselves — well at least 6:30-10:30 p.m. — when Town North Family YMCA hosts its Parents’ Night Out for kids 12 and under. It’s $12-$25 per child, and the center will offer the service monthly through September. Register by Friday to avoid a late charge.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.