- Visit the George W. Bush Presidential Center for the all-new exhibit First Ladies: Style of Influence, open through Monday, October 1. The exhibit showcases the multiple roles that first ladies take on.
- A Taste of Dallas, a food and drink festival, will be held at Gas Monkey Live, June 22-24 from different times depending on the day.
- SMART Sundays. Summer program for kids aged 6 to 11 at Preston Royal Branch Library teaches different subjects ranging from science and math to art, reading, and technology. The event is 2-3 p.m. in the library’s auditorium.
- “Curvy Queens of Dallas” is looking for curvy and plus-sized women to join its dance team. No experience is required, and auditions will be July 28 3:00-4:30 p.m. at Power House of Dance. 12300 Inwood Road.
- Summer Solstice on the Trail, Friends of Northaven Trail and Athleta present Summer Solstice on the Northaven Trail June 21 at 10937 Edgemere Road. Celebrate the longest day of the year with DJ Chris, food, games, face painting and more.
- Grace Hula Dance Company. Dance the hula June 26, sponsored by the Preston Royal Library Friends. All ages.
Organized moms usually chart the summer camp schedule on an Excel spreadsheet in early April. But last-minute planners can still get ideas here on Dallas.Citymomsblog.com. The site also has a guide to vacation bible schools in Dallas.
Things to do on July 4
Start planning now with Dallas-Fort Worth’s most comprehensive guide to Fourth of July activities on GuideLive.com.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.