In celebration of National Taco Day, we’ve rounded up some taco places in our neighborhood.
- The most waited on tacos: Muchacho at the Plaza at Preston Center, which is set to open by James Beard Semifinalist chef Omar Flores.
- Best tacos by non-Texans: A Connecticut-based chain opened Bartaco, a taco and tequila bar, at 6140 Luther Lane. “We use the tortilla as the canvas, and then from there, it’s coastal cuisine,” says Sabato Agaria, president of Bartaco. “Whether that’s South America, whether it’s Southern California, whether it’s Mexico, it’s using flavors that you’d find in street food there. Even Southeast Asia — we have a delicious pork-belly taco that’s glazed with pickled red onions. We do have some traditional, but it’s definitely not Tex-Mex.”
- The most tacos on the menu ever: Tacodeli has 40 tacos to try! 8030 Walnut Hill.
Other places to get your taco on in Preston Hollow:
- Taco Joint, 6112 Luther Lane, Preston Center Plaza.
- Lala’s Mexican Cafe features healthier Mexican food, including organic and non-GMO options from traditional dishes to margaritas; 6030 Luther Ln #140.
- Fernando’s Mexican Cuisine offers regional and Tex-Mex dishes, plus house margaritas and a patio; Village of Preston Hollow, 4347 W. Northwest Highway, Suite 100.
- Cinco Taco is a counter-serve Mexican spot with more than two dozen taco options, plus enchiladas and margaritas; 7949 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 130
- Taqueria La Paloma serves tacos, tortas and other traditional dishes; 9661 N. Central Expressway.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.