The Dallas Morning News has a computer model, predicting how high school football teams will do this week. The writer claims that the formula was accurate by 81 percent last week. Michael Florek and SMU’s Department of Statistical Science came up with the formula, but here’s the thing: they’re underestimating the teams in the Preston Hollow area, the players’ drive and the fans’ support. Let’s prove we’re better than a computer model.
Here are the predictions for our teams this week:
- Thomas Jefferson: 0.21; Adamson: 0.79
- St. Mark’s: 0.30; Bellaire Episcopal: 0.70
- Parish Episcopal: 0.40; Bishop Dunne: 0.60
- Greenhill: 0.11; Houston-Kincaid: 0.89
- Jesuit: 0.21; Prosper: 0.79 (Really? Even though E.J. Smith is a factor?!)
- WT White: 0.20; Skyline: 0.80
But here’s a bright spot: Hillcrest is modeled at 0.76 over North Dallas at 0.24.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.