It’s Cinco de Mayo and Meso Maya offers a margarita kit for $35 and a ranch water kit for $45. Call 469-726-4390 to order curbside/takeout from the Preston Forest location (11909 Preston Road, Suite. 1426). Also: Jose, 4931 W Lovers Lane, sells margarita kits to go, including The Usual (comes with a bottle of Casamigos Tequila, 16 ounces of José margarita mix, Topo Chico and salt for $90), an Avión Margarita Kit (includes a bottle of Avión Tequila, 16 ounces of José margarita mix, Topo Chico, salt and a mixing glass, for $45), and Mimosas (featuring a bottle of Prosecco, OJ, and cranberry juice, for $25). Order by calling 214-891-5673.
Prefer to make one at home?
- lime wedge for rimming the glass
- Tajín Clásico seasoning to taste for rimming the glass
- 3 tablespoons avocado, muddled to a smooth puree
- 3/4 ounces of fresh pineapple juice
- 1 ounce syrup (see below)
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces Herradura tequila
- Rub the rim of a 12-ounce cocktail glass with the cut side of a lime wedge to moisten. Pour Tajín seasoning onto a saucer. Roll the rim of the glass in the Tajín seasoning. Fill glass with ice.
In a mixing glass or cocktail shaker, combine avocado purée, pineapple juice, lime juice, simple syrup, Cointreau and tequila. Fill shaker or glass with ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain the liquid into the prepared cocktail glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge on the rim.
Makes 1 serving.
Simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Let cool completely before using. May be prepared ahead, stored in a glass jar, and refrigerated for several weeks.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.