Preston Hollow neighbor and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was asked to be on President Donald Trump’s team of advisers to help him make economic plans during the coronavirus recovery. The panel, which is called the Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups, includes more than 50 leaders from financial institutions, agriculture, defense, sports, think tanks and more. Cuban tweeted the rundown on his requests to the White House regarding small businesses:
1. Asked that anyone (me) can write a check to Treasury to increase the PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) $ available. Treasury said no.
2. Asked that PPP 8 week period not start till business can fully open
3. Asked that 25% for overhead be increased
4. Asked that costs for safety upgrades to location/facility be forgiven in PPP
5. Asked that forgiveness rules be clarified quickly. Was told that these are issues for Congress to address and are being discussed there
6. Asked that they connect @AIHA and backtoworksafely.org to CDC. It is now on CDC.gov
7. Let me also add that the liaison assigned to me has been amazing. We talk multiple times a week and has taken everything I suggest to the right person.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.