Incumbent DISD Trustee Dustin Marshall Is Just Getting Started. Neighbor and businessman Dustin Marshall is running for a third term on Dallas ISD’s school board. Marshall has an extensive history of civic work — serving on 12 non-profit boards explains his ability to lead on many of the successful initiatives started during his tenure, including:
• High-quality PreK early education
• Rewarding and retaining top teachers
• Reduced failing campuses from 46 to 7
• Student internships through corporate partnerships
• Additional 35,000 students performing on grade level
• Allocation of funds for continued school facilities improvements
Marshall says his hashtag sums up the way he operates: #FocusOnSolutionsNotProblems. Election day is May 2. Early voting is April 20-28, and Dustin wants your vote.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.