The Electric Reliability Council of Texas began rotating outages early this morning in response to the winter storm affecting the city.
The weather conditions caused many generating units to trip offline, ERCOT said in a statement. Outages are expected to last throughout the morning and could continue until the storm fades.
Outages are expected to last between 15 and 45 minutes, Oncor told the Dallas Morning News. If they last longer than 45 minutes, you can report it to Oncor by calling 888-313-4747 or texting OUT to 66267 if you’re registered in My Oncor Alerts.
Here’s when power is expected to be restored to our zip codes (updated 11:05 a.m.):
- 75220: 2,210 affected, restoration time unknown
- 75225: 624 affected, restoration time unknown
- 75229: 2,560 affected, restoration time unknown
- 75230: 4,082 affected, restoration time unknown
- 75244: 705 affected, restoration time unknown
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.