There’s a new bakery now open in The Pavilion that’s serving everything from cookies to cakeballs.
J. Rae’s, a family-owned bakery that first opened in Fort Worth, began welcoming customers to the Lovers Lane location earlier this month.
Owner Audrey Dixon is hoping to pay homage to her aunt, Jana Howell, the founder of the Fort Worth shop.
“Texans have withstood a lot this past year, so the goal is to provide a moment of happiness to my customers through my baked treats and desserts,” Dixon says in a press release. “I’m excited to keep my Aunt’s traditions alive through her recipes and put my own twist on things too.”
Here is a taste of what visitors can purchase:
- Top-shelf cookies, $2.50 each or $28 for a dozen: chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, M&M, oatmeal chocolate chip, snickerdoodle and white chocolate macadamia nut
- Cookie cake with chocolate chip or M&M base, $25
- Customizable and seasonally decorated sugar cookies, $3-$5 each
- Cupcakes, $3 each or $34 for a dozen: carrot cake, chocolate with vanilla or chocolate frosting, coconut, funfetti, German chocolate, lemon, peanut butter, red velvet, strawberry and vanilla
- Cheesecakes in three sizes, ranging from $12-$40: chocolate chip, vanilla and white chocolate; pumpkin and strawberry available seasonally
- Pies, $38: flavors rotate seasonally; right now, the flavor is key lime
- Cakeballs, lemon squares and chocolate-covered strawberries.
J. Rae’s is open Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. It is located at 5600 W. Lovers Lane, Ste. 143.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.