- “Afrolicious Hair and Beauty Expo” educates and demonstrates natural hair care, techniques and styles. The event is Sunday, August 5, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., at Westin Park Central. Fees start at $20. The Dress theme is “Wakanda Forever.” The event includes an Afrocentric runway show, professional hair panels, a Little Miss Afrolicious Pageant for girls 5 to 12 years old, and natural hair and beauty vendors.
- Showtime Saturdays Presents: Mike Squires 11:30-12:00 at the Galleria Dallas. Every Saturday free entertainment is provided by Galleria Dallas and friends from Slappy’s Playhouse. Magician Mike Squires combines comedy and magic. Shows are located near the Children’s Play Place and Nordstrom on Level 3.
- Paint flowers at Pinot’s Palette Park Cities from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Saturday.
- Join a modern calligraphy workshop at Kendra Scott 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Kids learn about technology through K’NEX kits at the Preston Royal Branch Library from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Sunday.
- The 80s Rewind Film Series at the Angelika Film Center and Cafe continues Monday, August 6, with Top Gun at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.