Check out the knee braces and smiles on the lacrosse athletes in the photo above and you know this team is fierce. The Episcopal School of Dallas girls lacrosse team started in 2001. The boys lacrosse team started in 1998. With seven collective Texas High School Lacrosse League Division I Championships and eight Southwest Preparatory Conference Championship titles under their belts, ESD kicked off the 2020 season with six returning starters on the girls team and 20 boys who all saw significant playing time. The boys and girls teams were Division I state champions in 2019 and are looking to repeat in 2020. The credit goes to coaches Maggie Koch and Jay Sothoron.
Did you know?
- Since the inception of ESD’s lacrosse program, 60 students continued their playing career at the collegiate level.
- Three Class of 2020 student-athletes committed to play Division I after graduation:
- Tori Greenburg will play at High Point University.
- Drew Wasserman will play at the University of Utah.
- Henry Watson will play at Ohio State University).
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.