The mayor announced that all bars, lounges, taverns, nightclubs, gyms, theaters and amusement halls are closed. Restaurants can stay open for drive-thru, delivery or take-out. Dine-in is prohibited.
New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have banned dine-in options and are only allowing takeout and delivery. Ohio and Illinois are taking the same stance. Here’s what some of the restaurants in our neighborhood are doing.
- Sevy’s Grill in Dallas is also doing “valet pickup.” Order online and pick it up at the valet. sevys.com.
- José on Lovers Lane offers takeout and curbside pickup. Call to place your orders: 214-891-5673. jose.mx.
- Fat Straws Bubble Tea Co., at Preston Forest, is doing delivery and curbside pickup. Order at fatstraws.co/locations/. They have also stopped using reusable mugs and tumblers. Delivery is available from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Minimum order is $10. Delivery radius is 5 miles from Preston/Forest.
- Nosh Bistro is now available on Uber Eats.
- Tiff’s Treats offers “interaction-free” delivery.
- Fernando’s is available on Doordash and TryCaviar.
- Becks Prime serves a steak worthy of fine china in a drive-thru. You can also order online and get delivery. becksprime.com.
- Penne Pomodoro offers pickup and delivery.
- Woodlands American Grill offers a to-go option.
- TJ’s Seafood Market and Grill, which asks that you buy a 25% off gift certificates here (Code FISH25), offers to-go curbside pick ups. You can also order a family meal of grilled shrimp, salmon or catch of the day with mashed potatoes and sautéed vegetables. When you arrive, call the restaurant at 214-691-2369 and staff will bring you your order. Food is also available via DoorDash.
- Asian Mint at Forest/Central Expressway offers free delivery to 75230, 75240, 75225 and 75251. Minimum order is $25. Wine, sake and beer are available. Delivery is also available on Caviar, Doordash and Grubhub. Order curbside pickup by clicking here. Include your phone number, car make, model and color under “pick up instructions.”
- Il Bracco in Preston Center Plaza offers curbside pickup and food and wine delivery service in partnership with Alto (a local ridesharing company). Call the restaurant at (214) 361-0100 to order.
- Flower Child at Preston Royal is offering curbside pick-up, takeout, and delivery (via DoorDash). Order online.
- Street’s Fine Chicken on Forest Lane. The full menu can be found here and pick up orders can be placed online here. Street’s also offer delivery through third party delivery services like DoorDash, Grubhub, Favor, Postmates and Caviar.
- Cantina Laredo at 6025 Royal Lane provides curbside pickup and free delivery via Favor.
- Liberty Burger at 5211 Forest Lane says the full menu is available for delivery through third party delivery services and is offering curbside pickup with all online or phone orders. Online orders can be placed for curbside pickup here.
- Eatzi’s at Preston Royal will remain open every day, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., preparing “meals for the taking.”