Elizabeth Lindberg, owner of Studio 6 Fitness in Preston Forest Square and a 2018 Advocate Fierce Female, plans to reopen Monday, May 18, but with new safety precautions due to the coronavirus. “The health and the safety of our S6 family and community remains our number one priority,” she says. Here’s what you need to know:
- Class sizes are capped at nine to ensure 6 feet of social distancing and a group setting of less than 10 (which includes the instructor).
- Daily class schedule is reduced to ensure extra time before and after classes for sanitization. In studio Megaformer workouts remain 50 minutes.
- The wearing of masks is required to enter and exit the studio. Please wear masks in all common areas but clients may remove mask once on the Megaformer. S6 Masks are available for sale and sold in individual Ziploc bags for $10.
- Instructors and employees will wear masks between classes.
- No hands on adjustments.
- Grip socks are required. No sock rentals available. Grip socks are for sale.
- No towel service. Please bring your own towels. Towels are for sale.
- Please limit personal items into the studio. No use of storage cubbies. Clients will place belongings in a dedicated tray by their Megaformer.
- All classes must be booked in advance. Our signature full body Megaformer Pilates and Megaformer LITE classes are the only formats initially scheduled for in-person studio workouts.
- Specialty classes such as: MEGA Stretch, Buns & Guns, Abs & Arms, Core Sculpt, Mega Cardio Sculpt, Lower Body Sculpt will be scheduled virtually on our LIVESTREAM at home workouts. LIVESTREAM classes are 30 – 45 minutes.
- Each Megaformer (springs, straps, carriage, handles and platforms) as well as all high touch surfaces will be sprayed with an EPA registered, industrial grade disinfectant after each class. As an added precaution, clients will also wipe down their Megaformer after each class.
- No drop-ins allowed. 12 hour cancellation notice.
- Studio doors will not open until 10 minutes prior to your class times.
- All community benches, sofas and chairs are temporarily removed.
- No trying on of retail. Retail apparel is sold online with scheduled pickups.
- Hand sanitizers available upon entry and exit of studio.
- Updated signatures on new client liability waivers are required.
- Private appointments, duet and trios are available to schedule in advance.
If you are not yet-ready to schedule in person workouts at the studio, you can livestream at home workouts.
Sign up for classes here.
Email info@studio6fitness to unfreeze your membership and reserve your spot in class.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.