Ursuline Academy announced its graduation plans for the Class of 2020. It’s happening on the Ursuline campus Sunday, June 28. Here’s what the school announced:
- The graduation ceremony is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and expected to run a little over one hour. (In case of inclement weather on June 28, the ceremony will take place the next day, Monday, June 29.)
- All graduates and every guest will be required to bring their signed waiver and screening forms (2) to enter campus.
- Admission to graduation will be by ticket only. Each graduate will receive two guest admission tickets and one parking pass.
- Guest seating will be numbered and assigned by lottery. Guest groups of two will be seated 6 feet apart. Seating maps will be available upon arrival on campus.
- Due to necessary restrictions on the size of gathering, no additional guest seating or handicapped seating tickets will be available.
- For the safety of everyone, all guests will be required to bring their own masks to wear when moving about during the graduation event. Hand sanitizer will be provided to all guests.
- Restroom facilities will not be available during the graduation event.
- Graduates will be expected to arrive on campus by 8:15 a.m. and enter the school building through the Senior entrance.
- Graduates must arrive dressed and ready for the ceremony. (No purses or cell phones will be allowed inside the building.)
- After entering the school, the graduates will be lined up 6-feet apart and given their white hats and red roses, assisted by the Dean of Students’ office.
- Graduates will be given masks to wear for their protection while inside the building. They may remove as they process out of the building. They will place the masks back on for rejoining their families after completion of the ceremony and as they leave the bleachers at the end of the event.
- Specially configured risers will allow graduates to sit 6-feet apart for the ceremony.
- Graduation practices will take place the week of June 15 and the week leading up to Graduation. All practices will take place virtually.
- The entire Graduation Ceremony will be live-streamed and available for viewing on www.ursulinedallaslive.org.
- The Senior class group photo is not happening. However, Judy Nordseth Photography will take an individual photo of each graduate at the event.
- Strong Audio-Visual Production will produce a video of the ceremony. Order form will be available on the Ursuline website.
Check out the Graduation page of the Ursuline website.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.