Candidates for the next Dallas Police Department police chief will participate in a live virtual forum.
The forum will take place Dec. 16 from 2-5 p.m. The candidates will be asked to respond to questions based on topics identified by the public interview forum feedback survey.
This comes after the City of Dallas released a community survey last month to gather input for the next chief.
Dallas Police Chief U. Reneé Hall resigned in September. Hall will continue as chief through the end of 2020.
Seven candidates will be questioned in the forum. They include:
- Albert Martinez, Director of Security for Dallas Catholic Dioceses and former DPD Deputy Chief
- Avery Moore, Assistant Police Chief for DPD
- Eddie Garcia, Chief of Police in San Jose, California
- Jeff Spivey, Chief of Police in the City of Irving, Texas
- Malik Aziz, Major for DPD
- Reuben Ramirez, Deputy Chief for DPD
- RaShall Brackney, Chief of Police in Charlottesville, Virginia
More information on the candidates can be found on the city’s website.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Preston Hollow.